If you have a passion for cooking and you spend lots of time in your kitchen, then most likely you have a considerable amount of recipes on hand. Some cooks have an orderly organization system and some do not. If you find yourself often shuffling through mounds of recipes and not finding what you’re looking for, then you need to do some organizing.
There are various ways you can organize all your favorites so you can find them at a moment’s notice.
Below are 7 suggestions on how you can effectively organize recipes
1) The most popular organizing system is handwritten or typed index cards. I have quite a few written on these types of cards myself. The index cards are relatively reasonable, versatile, and they often come in a kit that includes a box for storage. They also come in a wide array of sizes, not just the normal 3 x 5 size.
2) Another idea would be to make a 3 ring binder recipe notebook with categorized tabs. If the recipes are not too long, you can fit 2 or maybe 3 on one page. You can also laminate the pages. Laminating would safeguard them from any messes while cooking. If you spill any ingredients on the laminated pages, simply wipe them off with a damp cloth or paper towel.
3) Some cooks that have a very large number of recipes have a file drawer/cabinet in their kitchen. If you cater foods for your business, then a file cabinet or drawer would be ideal. You can also store them in a file cabinet in your home office.
4) If you’re fortunate enough to own a laptop computer, this would be an excellent solution for storing recipes. You can keep a laptop on your kitchen counter for easy access.
5) You can also purchase some recipe organizing software that you install on your computer. There are many available on the market today.
6) If you happen to have various cookbooks and a good sized shelf in your kitchen, you could neatly display your cookbooks on it. They can also easily be stored in a kitchen cabinet.
7) Many recipe lovers use Google docs. Google docs have a lot of good advantages. For one, the recipes can easily be found and sent to family and friends.
Choose the best solution from the options listed above according to your recipe needs.